(My blogging has been VERY sporadic these days! While I wish I had more time for updates, I am not wishing away these days that I have to take care of my family and play with my boys. From wiping snotty noses to building forts and hiding from bad guys, my schedule has been full. I hope to keep up every now and then with a post of what we've been up to...and what bad guys we have captured and disposed of.)
I can't imagine what our lifestyle seems like to a 3 year old. Every day as I am dressing Ethan, he asks, "Where are we going today, Mommy? Are we going on a trip?"He loves getting ready to go on trips!! (Seeing as at least one if not two days a week we are in the truck for 8 hours, I can understand his confussion as to where he is and where he is going.)
Ethan knows how to prepare for a trip! He fills his Thomas backpack full of books and a strange assortment of toys. He makes sure I have "something special" for him to eat (in his dream world that would consist of lollipops and cookies, more realistically speaking it is grapes and graham crackers). He even is usually very compliant about nap time in the car. All in all he is a great traveler. He looks forward with anticipation to meeting new friends at each church we visit. He is a connoisseur of noteworthy church nurseries and playgrounds. We thank the Lord for the joy he brings to us each day!
Hudson is becoming a much better car-seat rider too. He enjoys watching Ethan's antics and is completely amused when he sees mommy's head pop in the back seat to check on him every now and then. He is in awe of the "mysterious bottle giver" from the front seat who seems to always know when he is in need of a warm bottle. (We have discovered that Hudson is much happier when Mommy does not sit in the back seat with him. If I am there he wants me to get him out and hold him. Jonathan is the mysterious bottle giver because he can reach Hudson more easily that I can.) Now, when Hudson is tired, he just pops his thumb in his mouth and either goes to sleep or sits quietly looking out the window. This major change in him is definitely a result of prayer! So thankful for those who are praying!!
Over the past few weeks we have found ourselves in Tower Hill, IL (buried in the midst of cornfields), Huntsville, AL (with a neat trip to the space center and meeting his friends Emily & Bethany which he still talks about), Emlenton, PA (we were parked at a campground all week that had an awesome playground), Olathe, KS (lots of fun friends at this church that were Ethan's age!), Colorado Springs, CO (BEAUTIFUL stay near the mountains, even got to tour a castle), Rio Rancho, NM (hot air balloons filled the sky every morning, and we got to see fireworks at night), and now we are in Farmington, NM. It NEVER rains in Farmington, but it has rained 2 whole days since we have been here. We are very close to the largest Indian Reservation (the Navajo's) and are praying that some will come to the tournament. (Interesting fact we learned: the Navajo's are very "maternal." The women have the say-so in the home and in the nation. Girls basketball games are much more highly attended than boys games around here.) Today we got to take a trip to the largest hunting/fishing game trophy collection (trophy meaning animal mounts from hunting expeditions and all sorts of fish mounts.) There were animals there I didn't even know people would hunt...my favorites were a full sized giraffe, and elephant head, and a crocodile from the Nile. This crocodile was known for eating people. It had 5 necklaces in his stomach from African women who would go down to the river to wash their clothes, and obviously never made it back! Made me glad for my washing machine in America where I don't have to face crocodiles every time I want to wash my clothes!!!!!
Here are a few pics from our travels thus far. Enjoy!
{Tower Hill, IL}
Hudson--7 months old
church in Tower Hill
We found Ethan in the cornfields!
Jonathan wanted a quiet place to read his Bible in the AM. Ethan wanted to join them. And yes they are in the cemetary!
Hudson learned how to hold his bottle all by himself!
{Spartanburg, SC}
Ethan's 3rd Birthday with his cousins, Wyatt and Levi
{Emlenton, PA}
Morning playtime--got to take a drink break!
{Olathe, KS}
Hudson's new found skill--standing while holding onto things
Enjoyed the post and the pictures. Praying for your family as God leads you in His will.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless
Lisa Peeler