Saturday, June 4, 2011

A few things to help my sanity

I can't count on my hands any more the number of days I have felt like I am completely losing my sanity. Sometimes I feel like I am running from one mess to another...one emergency to another...while still trying to do all the other tasks of running a household. These are the days when I feel like my sanity walks out the door. (Lack of sleep and lack of conversation with anyone older than two also contribute to loss of sanity.)

It is on these days that I am thankful for social networking. It is so nice to be able to read blogs of friends who have either been there, done that or who are in the midst of it right now. It's kind of like being able to sit down and have a good meaningful conversation with someone and walk away encouraged, with spirits lifted.

So I just wanted to share with you a few of the blogs I like to keep up with. And when I say few, I mean few. Wish I had time for more, but I don't right now.

Joy-filled Days (http://www.joyfilleddays.wordpress.com/) - Sarah has been a wonderful encouragement to me through all her posts. She's been in my shoes (5 times over) and has encouraging biblical advice to share. I was privileged to stay in her house for a week and see christian motherhood in action. I kind of feel like she is a "kindred spirit." Maybe it's because we both share a love for anything by Jane Austin :-)

For His Pleasure (http://www.allforhispleasure.blogspot.com/) - Great creative blog by a wonderfully creative girl! I love reading about all her decorating adventures! She also has an adorable line of accessories for girls on etsy. You can find the link on her blog.

Happenings at the Haines (http://www.happeningsatthehaines.blogspot.com/) - My sister shares of her adventures with her little guys and also shares some great homeschooling tips and activities she is doing with her preschool/toddlers.

Only From Scratch (http://www.onlyfromscratch.blogspot.com/) - Another great blog to inspire creativity and culinary masterpieces that are do-able for a busy mom.

So if you have a minute, check these places out! Maybe you'll find a new "friend" to help you keep your sanity.

1 comment:

  1. Emily, You are so sweet. So glad you enjoy visiting my blog. But, I want you to come back to Mass. and visit in REAL person, okay? :)
    You are wise to do what it takes to be encouraged! Reading blogs, books and talking to other believers are great sanity savers!! And, by the way, speaking of Savers, I thought of you the other day on a recent trip to the thrift shop.:)

    ReplyDelete