Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Truck Keeps Rollin'

(Time to catch up where I left off! Yes, another blogging break...this time, I needed to recharge!)

October found our truck rolling along through Texas. This was a new state for us to stay in. We found out there is more to Texas than farms and oil wells. Driving through Houston around 5pm, we found all the people that live in Texas too! After setting up our trailer for the night and putting the boys to bed, my husband kindly informed me that there are other things that live in Texas too...like alligators, biting ants and scorpions. He told me to be on the look out for those types of things. Believe me, I was! Thankfully we didn't meet any of those critters, but we did find where the mosquitoes go for the fall/winter. 

Our neighbors this week were several horses. The boys could literally look out their window and see a horse about 20 feet away. Ethan enjoyed helping me feed the horses apples. Hudson loved watching the horses move toward us. He thought the noises they made were funny, I guess, because he giggled and giggled whenever he heard a whinny.



Hudson is completely fascinated by the front loading washing machine we have in our trailer. No matter what toys he is playing with at the time, if he hears me working on the laundry, he comes crawling over the watch it spin! Because our washer and dryer are located at the back of our trailer, our whole trailer shakes up and down (like turbulence on an airplane) while the washer is on the spin cycle. Maybe that is why Hudson likes it so much!

Hudson enjoying his first haircut
From Texas, we made a 2 day trek back to South Carolina. We enjoyed driving along the Gulf of Mexico through Louisiana and Mississippi. I wish I would have taken pictures of what we saw! I'm guessing it was some sort of bayou. God's creativity is magnificent!

Since I couldn't find a pumpkin patch in Texas, we hit up the one by our house while home for the week. Hudson kept looking at the pumpkins and saying "ball."





All I can say is "mobile mischief." That's my label for Hudson! Poor kid keeps touching the tv like he can take part in what he is watching. He has even brought his small basketball over to the tv while Jonathan was watching basketball. All the barricades that used to work when Ethan was little are like pushovers for Hudson. He WILL get where he wants to be...no stopping him. What a fun week we had at home!


My little man and his Yo-yo

No comments:

Post a Comment