After our week in Las Vegas, we began our journey home. We left on Sunday and finally reached our house late Thursday night!! We were able to stop by the Grand Canyon on Monday as we drove through Arizona. We just had part of the morning to spend there, but enjoyed every minute of it. In trying to describe the Grand Canyon to Ethan, I told him we were going to see a "big hole." I guess it stuck with him because sometimes he still talks about seeing the "big hole."
Here is what my husband does at the Grand Canyon. I should have just left him there...
Oh the trip home...maybe you can imagine what it might be like with a pregnant mommy and a two year old. (daddy did fine :-) Mommy kept asking to go to the bathroom every 15 minutes and begging daddy to switch lanes to the less bumpy one. The two year old was like a broken record..."Daddy, go outside??" Let's just say, lollipops do wonders at keeping kids quiet. We all have the Curious George and Baby Einstein movies memorized, even Ethan! I did finish croqueting a baby blanket on the trip and Ethan learned how to look out the window better and find ways to entertain himself. Apart from seeing miles of nothing, we were able to see the largest cross in the western hemisphere, the Hoover Dam, and many other things that left us wondering ;-) By personal experience, I could also tell you what roads NOT to drive on while pregnant.
But for now, it is good to be home again for a little while. Time to rest and let our bodies remember what it is like to live at sea level with humidity and in eastern standard time. I'll tell you how long it takes to adjust :-)
Loved the post and the pictures! So happy to hear of new adventures and how God is using your family for His glory!
ReplyDeleteGod Bless
Lisa
Good to see Jonathan is still himself. Ethan is getting so big (and so is Emily!)
ReplyDelete